|ABOUT DR. SHAMOUN
Dr. Shamoun relocated
to Southern California from Dallas, Texas to provide the latest advances in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He brings to his
practice a combination of surgical skill, experience, and artistic judgment, which reflects the intense training received from many of the
world's premier plastic surgeons.
Dr. Shamoun graduated from the University of Mississippi School of
Medicine, with Alpha Omega Alpha honors. He completed General Surgery at the University of Alabama. He then completed a Fellowship in
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, one of America's finest plastic
surgery training programs.
Dr. Shamoun elected to pursue several post-graduate Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery Fellowships. He completed a subspecialty Fellowship in Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Surgery at the world-renowned Breast
Reconstructive Foundation Center in Atlanta, Georgia. He also completed subspecialty Fellowships in Aesthetic Surgery of the Face, Eyes,
Nose, and Body at the Connell and Robbins Aesthetic Surgery Institutes. He concluded his formal nine years of training, beyond medical
school, in Honolulu, Hawaii, specializing in Surgery of the Asian Face.
Dr. Shamoun's paramount goals as
a physician are to "be the absolute best physician at all costs, individualize patient care, and the quality of life. " As a result, he
takes great pride in being the only plastic surgeon in California triple board certified by The American Board of Surgery, The American
Board of Plastic Surgery and The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
is a member of numerous prestigious plastic surgery societies, which denote excellence in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery.
TRAINING, TALENT AND EXPERIENCE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Dr. Shamoun has lectured in the United States and authored or co-authored several
journal articles and textbook chapters, in both Aesthetic (Cosmetic) and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Shamoun has been featured in the New York Post, the Dallas Morning News, the London Times, and the Sunday Mirror (U.K.).
He has also been featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal, People Magazine, and Women's Journal Magazine.
Dr. Shamoun has performed surgery on well-known celebrities as well as famous international families throughout the world. He
performed plastic surgery on the first female celebrity to have a face lift and forehead lift "live" on the Internet in June 1999.
Dr. Shamoun has privileges at Hoag, South Coast, Irvine Medical Center, St. Joseph, Mission Regional,
Saddleback, Orange Coast Memorial and Desert Hospitals to better serve you.
Dr. Shamoun brings to Beverly
Hills, Newport Beach, and Palm Springs a unique depth of knowledge and experience that enables him to combine traditional techniques with
the most recent advances in plastic surgery to achieve the most refined aesthetically pleasing surgical results. He is dedicated to
achieving extraordinary outcomes in all cosmetic plastic surgical procedures and invites you to compare as you make a decision about
cosmetic plastic surgery. In his office, your needs are Dr. Shamoun's most important concern, and he will strive to make your aesthetic
surgery a pleasant and satisfying experience.
- B.S.: University of Mississippi, Oxford,
- M.D.: University of Mississippi School of Medicine (with Alpha Omega Alpha Honors)
- General Surgery Residency: University of South Alabama School of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency: Southwestern Medical School (Parkland Hospital), UTHSC
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES THAT DR. SHAMOUN IS A MEMBER OF
- American Board of Surgery
Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Forensic Medicine
- American Board of Medical
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Forensic Examiners
- American Society for Aesthetic
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy
of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Certified Consultants and Experts
- Lipoplasty Society
- Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgery
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery,
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Lawyer Media
- Better Business Bureau
Hospital of Orange County, Orange, CA
- Desert Hospital, Palm Springs, CA
- Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
- Mission Regional Hospital, Mission Viejo, CA
- South Coast Hospital, Laguna Beach, CA
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange,
Dr. Shamoun's office is affiliated with Newport Surgery Institute
which is a AAHC accredited facility with a longstanding track record of safety. Coordinated care is given by registered nurses and medical
doctors specializing in plastic and reconstructive surgery.